Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hendrik Busch <he...@lexisnexis.de> on 2008/02/13 11:10:40 UTC

Re: Maven does not compile:org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-javac:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT

Hi!

We are experiencing the same problem. After adding the codehaus snapshot
repository to our Artifactory server the plexus-compiler could be
downloaded but we still get build errors.

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.javac.JavacCompiler.compile(JavacCompiler.java:120)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:500)

Is there any way to prevent Maven from using snapshot versions of
plugins? Just disabling the repos does not seem to suffice.

Regards,
Hendrik Busch

Am Mittwoch, den 13.02.2008, 10:39 +0100 schrieb Marco Huber:
> [...]
> >
> > Wayne
> >
> > On 2/12/08, krishnan.1000 <kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi ,
> >>
> >> I am a rookie using Maven. I have got this error. I have created this pom
> >> and I dont know what is causing this error. I looked at the forum but I did
> >> not understand what was being discussed%-O
> >>
> >> Please help me.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Karthik
> >> 1) org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-javac:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT
> >>
> >>   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
> >>
> >>   Then, install it using the command:
> >>       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.codehaus.plexus
> >> -DartifactId=plexus-compiler-javac -Dversion=1.6-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
> >> -Dfile=/path/to/file
> >>
> >>   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file
> >> there:
> >>       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.codehaus.plexus
> >> -DartifactId=plexus-compiler-javac -Dversion=1.6-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
> >> -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
> >>
> >>   Path to dependency:
> >>         1)
> >> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:maven-plugin:2.1-SNAPSHOT
> >>         2) org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-javac:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT
> >>
> >> 2) org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-api:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT
> >>
> >>   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
> >>
> >>   Then, install it using the command:
> >>       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.codehaus.plexus
> >> -DartifactId=plexus-compiler-api -Dversion=1.6-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
> >> -Dfile=/path/to/file
> >>
> >>   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file
> >> there:
> >>       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.codehaus.plexus
> >> -DartifactId=plexus-compiler-api -Dversion=1.6-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
> >> -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
> >>
> >>   Path to dependency:
> >>         1)
> >> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:maven-plugin:2.1-SNAPSHOT
> >>         2) org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-api:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT
> >>
> >> 3) org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-manager:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT
> >>
> >>   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
> >>
> >>   Then, install it using the command:
> >>       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.codehaus.plexus
> >> -DartifactId=plexus-compiler-manager -Dversion=1.6-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
> >> -Dfile=/path/to/file
> >>
> >>   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file
> >> there:
> >>       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.codehaus.plexus
> >> -DartifactId=plexus-compiler-manager -Dversion=1.6-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
> >> -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
> >>
> >>   Path to dependency:
> >>         1)
> >> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:maven-plugin:2.1-SNAPSHOT
> >>         2) org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-manager:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Hendrik Busch - Stellv. Leiter der Softwareentwicklung

LexisNexis Deutschland GmbH
http://www.lexisnexis.de
Feldstiege 100
D-48161 Münster
phone +49 (0) 2533-9300-455
fax +49 (0) 02533-9300-50
hendrik.busch@lexisnexis.de

LexisNexis Deutschland GmbH, M�nster
Gesch�ftsf�hrer: Claus Damwerth, Michael Freter, Lutz Kleinrensing
AG M�nster, HRB 7778 - USt.-ID: DE 152942868 - St.-Nr. 143/174/60571
Ein Unternehmen der Reed Elsevier Gruppe

Re: Maven does not compile:org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-javac:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT

Posted by David Larsson <da...@albacore.se>.
Solved it by setting

<plugin>
  <version>2.1-20080129.223043-7</version>

and cleaning my repository from maven-compiler-plugin 2.1-SNAPSHOT

/Dave

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
If you have a test project I can use to verify, debug, and fix the
error, that would help immensely. I tested the plugin before I
deployed it yesterday, but apparently didn't have the configuration
needed to express this problem.

Thanks,

-john

On Feb 13, 2008, at 5:48 AM, David Larsson wrote:

> I have the same problem as Hendrik but I really need to use maven-
> compiler-plugin 2.1-SNAPSHOT. Is there anything I can do to fix
> this problem?
>
> Regards
> David
>
> Martin Höller wrote:
>> On Wednesday 13 February 2008 wrote Hendrik Busch:
>>
>>> Is there any way to prevent Maven from using snapshot versions of
>>> plugins? Just disabling the repos does not seem to suffice.
>>>

>> That's because you already have them in your local repo (~/.m2/
>> repository/). Along with disabling the snapshot repo, you should
>> remove the coresponding subtree from your local repo, e.g. ~/.m2/
>> repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-compiler.
>>
>> The even better solution would be to specify which version of a
>> plugin you'd like to use in the pluginManagement-section.
>>
>> hth,
>> - martin

---
John Casey
Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven
mail: jdcasey at commonjava dot org
blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/john
rss: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ejlife/john

Re: Maven does not compile:org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-javac:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT

Posted by David Larsson <da...@albacore.se>.

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On Wednesday 13 February 2008 wrote Hendrik Busch:
> Is there any way to prevent Maven from using snapshot versions of
> plugins? Just disabling the repos does not seem to suffice.

That's because you already have them in your local repo (~/.m2/repository/).
Along with disabling the snapshot repo, you should remove the coresponding
subtree from your local repo, e.g.
~/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-compiler.

The even better solution would be to specify which version of a plugin you'd
like to use in the pluginManagement-section.

hth,
- martin
--
Martin Höller                   | martin.hoeller@xss.co.at
*x Software + Systeme           | http://www.xss.co.at/

Re: Maven does not compile:org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-javac:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
It's a good practice to pin down the specific version of a plugin you
want to use. In this case, specifying <version>2.0.2</version> for
the compiler plugin would avoid the issue for you.

I'm looking into the NPE, but if you had a test project that
displayed the error, it would help me a lot to debug and fix the
problem.

-john