Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by norberto eichstaedt <no...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/14 17:29:45 UTC

CacheKey/Javascript

I'm trying to use the Myfaces examples... For the ones that need
images/icons, like the tree component, the sample application is
trying to load the images from a directory like:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/examples/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/tree.HtmlTree/1113412660000/images/node_open.gif

"1113412660000" is calculated by a method in myfaces framework called
"getCacheKey".

My questions are:

How the Myfaces caching feature should work? Since I don't have a path
like that in my Tomcat project, should it had copied the images to
this folder or should I do by myself?

I can create this folder manually, but my question in this case is if
myfaces will always look for the images in this same directory, or
will change it after some kind of timeout for the cache.

Important, I set the JAVASCRIPT configuration elements in the WEB.XML to false.

Thanks,

Norberto Eichstaedt

Re: CacheKey/Javascript

Posted by Sylvain Vieujot <sv...@apache.org>.
You should add the extensions filter.
It'll load the image from the myfaces jar.