Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org> on 2007/08/02 19:04:40 UTC

Re: object oriented persistence layer?

Gustavo Aquino wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> I use Hibernate to persist my xmlObjets, to do xmlbeans and hibernate work
> together i create one hibernate interceptor.
I never uses hibernate, but it is build on top of a Relational DBMS like
postgresql, isn't it?

>> Id' like to use some kind of embedded soloution rather than an
>> object-to-RDBMS converter.

Jan

Re: object oriented persistence layer?

Posted by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org>.
Stefan Offermann wrote:

> What so you exactly mean with "embedded solution"?

embedded databases can by started out of the java-program itself. So an
external database is not needed.

Can be very useful for developers and end-users ;-)
-> http://db4o.com

Jan

Re: object oriented persistence layer?

Posted by Stefan Offermann <of...@uni-muenster.de>.
Hi JT!

Jan Torben Heuer schrieb:
>>I use Hibernate to persist my xmlObjets, to do xmlbeans and hibernate work
>>together i create one hibernate interceptor.
>
> I never uses hibernate, but it is build on top of a Relational DBMS like
> postgresql, isn't it?

Yes, it it used to save the state of an object to a database (and vice
versa), also known as object-relational-mapping.

>>>Id' like to use some kind of embedded soloution rather than an
>>>object-to-RDBMS converter.

What so you exactly mean with "embedded solution"?

Best regars,
Stefan