Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/19 07:42:40 UTC

Auto-deletion of Solr logs

Hi,

Would like to check, is there any setting in Solr which we can set to
auto-delete the old Solr logs (Eg: those older than one month), or do we
have to write a separate script in order to achieve that?
Those are the logs that are stored in \server\logs.

I'm using Solr 6.1.0.

Regards,
Edwin

Re: Auto-deletion of Solr logs

Posted by Emir Arnautovic <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi Edwin,

Solr uses log4j for logging and you can configure it any way you want.
It is common case to use rolling file appender to keep logs under control.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Configuring+Logging

Emir