Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/27 01:47:04 UTC

Is 1.1 trunk usable?

Hi,

Is 1.1 trunk at a point that I can put it to use ..... erm ..... in
production?

cheers,
Rahul

Re: Is 1.1 trunk usable?

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Jesse McConnell wrote:

> as a critical 'OMG we're all going to die if this goes down' app, I
> would hesitate..
>
> but with the understanding that you _might_ run into situations that
> you will need to smoke the database and start over from scratch
> sometime and that doesn't cause you much heartburn really...probably
> safe to do :)
>
> oh course I make no promises and unless you pay for the trip I won't
> come on site to help you :P

This is a brand new install with a blank database, if it doesn't work,
oh well, we fix it.

v1.0.3 doesn't play well in SSL environments, so we have no choice on
version unfortunately.

Regards,
Graham

Re: Is 1.1 trunk usable?

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
then you can get away with running continuum trunk I think, you'll at
least get the chance to have johnny on the spot fixed committed and
available :P

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: Is 1.1 trunk usable?

Posted by Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Is 1.1 trunk usable?

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
as a critical 'OMG we're all going to die if this goes down' app, I
would hesitate..

but with the understanding that you _might_ run into situations that
you will need to smoke the database and start over from scratch
sometime and that doesn't cause you much heartburn really...probably
safe to do :)

oh course I make no promises and unless you pay for the trip I won't
come on site to help you :P

jesse

On 10/26/06, Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> wrote:
> Rahul Thakur wrote:
>
> > Is 1.1 trunk at a point that I can put it to use ..... erm ..... in
> > production?
>
> I built it from source, and deployed it within tomcat as a war - it's up
> and running, but not doing anything yet awaiting a move from vss to
> subversion, but so far so good...
>
> Regards,
> Graham

jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: Is 1.1 trunk usable?

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Re: Is 1.1 trunk usable?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/26/06, Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com> wrote:

> and its been fixed up now :)

Thanks, Jesse. :)  I think Rahul is already convinced, but I'll just
offer that I'm running it from a svn checkout, and since the
occasional 'mvn clean' wipes out the configuration, I've recorded
Selenium "tests" to do the initial setup and add my projects.

--
Wendy

Re: Is 1.1 trunk usable?

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.