Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Guy Davis <da...@guydavis.ca> on 2005/01/15 00:16:47 UTC

Can I configure fork mode for test plugin?

Hi,

I'm using JDK 1.4.2 so had to set:
maven.junit.fork = true
to get Maven to fork my tests off separately so I avoid XML errors.
Unfortunately, forking a new JVM for every TestCase is really slow.

When I was using Ant, they offered a forkMode option which let me fork
out of the main JVM running Maven just once.  This let me run all
TestCases within the same JVM.  This was much faster.

Just wondering if the same or similar option existed within the
maven-test-plugin.  If so how do I enable it.

Thanks,
Guy

Re: Can I configure fork mode for test plugin?

Posted by Erik Husby <mh...@broad.mit.edu>.
Dion Gillard wrote:

>>From memory, the forkMode was added in Ant 1.6. Maven only uses Ant 1.5.3-1.

Until Maven supports Ant 1.6, you can achieve the equivalent by creating
a master TestCase that includes all your separate test cases (tedious to
do but once set up easy to maintain). Then tell Maven to exclude all
other testcases and include the master one.

--
Erik Husby
Team Lead for Software Quality Automation

Re: Can I configure fork mode for test plugin?

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.