Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Bob Jolliffe <bo...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/18 14:34:20 UTC

http endpoint, unknown host and errorhandler

I have a route which gets data using an http endpoint.  I am trying to
sensibly handle errors on the route.  Because its a remote server
there are many things which could go wrong in the network, so I
configured an errorhandler with maximumRedeliveries="5".

My problem is that if I test with a dummy url of a host which doesn't
exist, I get the following consumer polling error which continues
indefinitely.

* WARN  2012-04-18 13:31:22,022 Consumer
Consumer[http://pps.dhis2.org/dev/api/metaData.xml?authMethod=Basic&authPassword=******&authUsername=admin&httpClient.authenticationPreemptive=true]
could not poll endpoint:
Endpoint[http://pps.dhis2.org/dev/api/metaData.xml?authMethod=Basic&authPassword=******&authUsername=admin&httpClient.authenticationPreemptive=true]
caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: pps.dhis2.org
(DefaultPollingConsumerPollStrategy.java [Camel (camel-builtin) thread
#1 - http://pps.dhis2.org/dev/api/metaData.xml])

This is not being percolated up to my errorhandler.  Am I doing
something wrong?  Do I have to use doTry instead?

Bob

Re: http endpoint, unknown host and errorhandler

Posted by Bob Jolliffe <bo...@gmail.com>.
OK.  I had http endpoint as input to my route which I think caused it
to poll indefinitely.

Using a timer makes it more sane.

<from uri="timer:test?period=20000"/>
       uri="http://apps.dhis2.org/dev/api/metaData.xml?httpClient.authenticationPreemptive=true&amp;authMethod=Basic&amp;authUsername=admin&amp;authPassword=district"/>