Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by deepak_a <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/03 14:12:06 UTC

How to improve throughput by grouping messages in a Transaction

All,

I have a simple bridge between ActiveMQ and TibcoEMS.

There are 2 routes.
1st (Camel) Route moves messages into ActiveMQ Queue. (thisroute reads
messages from Disk and publishes to ActiveMQ).
2nd (Camel) Route consumes messages from ActiveMQ and publish to a Topic in
TibcoEMS.

For both the routes, because of limitations, I can use only  one thread.
i.e. one thread publishing to ActiveMQ, one thread consuming from ActivemQ
and publishig to TIBCO EMS.

In JMSTemplate I have set sessionTransacted is set to True (to enable
redelivery in case of exception thrown)

In each transaction I am moving one message via bridge.
I want to know how can I group a bunch of messages in each transaction? and
receive a single ACK for that group of messages?

This way I can increase the throughput (since I will be sending bulk of
messages instead of one message in a Transaction)

regards