Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ritz123 <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/16 02:23:38 UTC

Ofbiz rules engine?

Hi,

I was looking to use open source rules engine for my application and
stumbled upon one of the articles which mentioned Ofbiz has rules engine.
Is that true? if so where can I find documentation/examples?

Thanks

Re: Ofbiz rules engine?

Posted by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com>.
I think the current rules engine is pretty much deprecated. I have heard
talk that if there is any more work to be done with rules it would involve
integrating an existing engine such as Drools. A year or so ago I integrated
Drools with OFBiz, but did not do much with it except to start on a little
proof-of-concept app that would evaluate addresses to see if they were the
same.

Drools has an xml syntax in addition to its native syntax and that could be
interesting. I would be glad to share what I did if you are interested.

-Al