Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/07/04 03:19:56 UTC

Breaking change in TezClient

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-692

The final comments at the end should have all you need to build again.
Should be straight-forward and localized.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Bikas

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Breaking change in TezClient

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.
Actually --fail-at-end did not work. Though build moved on to next module,
it did not deploy the one with the failed tests. I had to do add
-Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true to get
https://builds.apache.org/job/Tez-Build/478/ passing and publish the
artifacts. Reverted -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true as it is not good to
have it, but kept --fail-at-end so that build shows tests failures in all
modules instead of terminating at the first failure. Also added
-DdeployAtEnd=true (Build 479) now itself so that we don't have
inconsistent snapshots.  So till the test failures are fixed, if snapshots
need to be published, -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true needs to be added to
the build.

-Rohini

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Hi Rohini

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Hi Rohini

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hitesh,

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hitesh,

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.
Bikas,

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.
Bikas,

Posted by Makoto Yui <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hitesh,

Thank you for notifing me the recent hive modification
for tez-0.5.0 (11 hours ago).

I will try.

Tahnks,
Makoto

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Try the tez branch in hive:

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
Probably the hive on tez branch.

Posted by Makoto Yui <yu...@gmail.com>.
Bikas,

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
Hive 0.13 works with Tez-0.4.1

Bikas

Posted by Makoto Yui <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I am very new bee to tez.

I got the following error when I tryed to use tez-trunk on on Hive
0.13.1/Hadoop 2.4.1.

It seems that org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez is not yet updated to
reflect the recent breaking changes in tez-API.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-692

TezSession is still used in org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.
https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/exec/tez/TezSessionState.java#L176

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access
class org.apache.tez.client.AMConfiguration fro
m class org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:184)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:123)