Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu> on 2013/08/28 21:23:15 UTC

[VOTE} Release Apache cTAKES 3.1 - rc2

Hello cTAKES users and enthusiasts,

This is a call for a vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache cTAKES 3.1.0. This will be our first release as a TLP.

For more detailed information on the changes/release notes, please visit:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12323276&projectId=12313621

The release was made using the cTAKES release process documented here:

http://ctakes.apache.org/ctakes-release-guide.html

The candidate is available at:

http://people.apache.org/~james-masanz/RCs/ctakes-3.1.0/rc2/apache-ctakes-3.1.0-src.tar.gz /.zip

The nexus staging repository:
org.apache.ctakes-121 (u:james-masanz, a:129.176.197.197)<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachectakes-121>

The tag to be voted on:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/tags/ctakes-3.1.0-rc2/

The MD5 checksum of the tarball can be found at:

http://people.apache.org/~james-masanz/RCs/ctakes-3.1.0/rc2/apache-ctakes-3.1.0-src.tar.gz.md5 / .zip.md5

The signature of the tarball can be found at:

http://people.apache.org/~james-masanz/RCs/ctakes-3.1.0/rc2/apache-ctakes-3.1.0-src.tar.gz.asc /.zip.asc

Apache cTAKES' KEYS file, containing the PGP keys used to sign the release:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/tags/ctakes-3.1.0-rc2/KEYS

Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache cTAKES 3.1.0. The vote is open for at least the next 72 hours.

Also, the convenience binary is:

http://people.apache.org/~james-masanz/RCs/ctakes-3.1.0/rc2/apache-ctakes-3.1.0-bin.tar.gz /.zip

Only votes from the cTAKES PMC are binding, but folks are welcome to check the release candidate and voice their approval or disapproval. The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache cTAKES 3.1.0

[ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...

Thanks!

James Masanz

Re: [VOTE} Release Apache cTAKES 3.1 - rc2

Posted by Tim Miller <ti...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Oh, also, I have a re-trained constituency parse model which I thought I
had checked in but I guess I didn't. Is it too late to include for the
next release candidate?
Tim

Posted by Tim Miller <ti...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
James,
I second Dima's opinion to wait on temporal. There are some modules that
probably perform well enough already to release but probably need a
little more polish before they are ready for others to start using them.

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
The small size and bad sig error for apache-ctakes-3.1.0-src.tar.gz  both stem from the same failure.

The full apache-ctakes-3.1.0-src.tar.gz file is now there and the sig verifies correctly for me now.

-- James

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
James,

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.