Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Daniel S. Haischt" <me...@stefan.haischt.name> on 2003/08/18 15:39:54 UTC

[Berkeley DB] running two different db versions on the same system

hello,

today i installed subversion-0.27. i deleted any
old svn shared libaries/headers and repositories.

after i installed sbversion i created a new repository
using svnadmin create [some repository].

right now i am getting the following error message if
i want to access the SVN repository through a browser
(the error message goes to apache's error log file).

  -> bad database version: compiled with 4.0.14,
  -> running against 4.1.25

this is my system configuration:

  -> FreeBSD 5.0
  -> Apache 2.0.47

  installed Berkeley DBs:

   -> db4-4.0.14_1
   -> db41-4.1.25_1

  version 4.1.25 is needed for OpenLDAP which is running
  at the same system, and subversion was compiled against
  version 4.0.14.

how is it possible to tell the SVN binaries that they
should use the Berkeley DB which were used during compile
time?

regards

daniel s. haischt

Re: [Berkeley DB] running two different db versions on the same system

Posted by "Daniel S. Haischt" <me...@stefan.haischt.name>.
Sander Striker wrote:

[...]

> LDFLAGS="-R/path/to/db4.0" ./configure ...

my question was, whether it would be possible to tell SVN
during runtime which DB version should be used.

anyway i am currently recompiling subversion, and it seems
the following configure line would be appropriate:

  LDFLAGS="-ldb41" ./configure \
  --with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/include/db41:/usr/local/lib

Posted by "Daniel S. Haischt" <me...@stefan.haischt.name>.
Sander Striker wrote:

[...]

> LDFLAGS="-R/path/to/db4.0" ./configure ...
>
> Sander

now, that i have compiled subversion agains Berkeley DB
version 4.1.25 i am getting the following error while
executing svnadmin create [some repository]:

bash-2.05b# svnadmin create /usr/local/svn/abyssworld/repos
svn: General filesystem error
svn: bad database version: compiled with 4.1.25,
running against 4.0.14

what am i doing wrong that it is always picking the wrong DB?

regards

daniel s. haischt