Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Stephen Lewis <sl...@panopto.com> on 2016/10/04 22:46:40 UTC

Re: Challenges with new Solrcloud Backup/Restore functionality

Hi All,

I have been experiencing error#1 too with the current branch_6_2 build. I
started noticing after I applied my patch to that branch
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9527> (on issue #2), but it
appears to occur without the patch as well. I haven't seen this issue with
solr 6.1.0 despite extensive testing. I haven't confirmed if this occurs on
the official 6.2.0 release build. I will try to confirm and gather more
data soon.

As with Stephen Weiss, I also am not seeing any errors logged in the index
after backup and the task is marked as succeeded. However, after each
backup which is missing a large amount of data, the restore command fails,
in the sense that the collection is created, but the initialized cores are
blank and the logs contain errors about "incomplete segments". I will try
to research further and get back with more data soon.

(206)753-9320
stephen-lewis.net

Re: Challenges with new Solrcloud Backup/Restore functionality

Posted by Hrishikesh Gadre <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the update.

Regarding SOLR-9527 - I think we need a unit test for verifying
"createNodeSet" functionality. I will spend some time on it in next couple
of days.

Also regarding #2, i also found similar issue (doc count mismatch after
restore) while testing with a large collection (~50GB index size). I have
opened SOLR-9598 to track this. Please take a look and comment if you have
any insight.

-Hrishikesh

Posted by Stephen Weiss <St...@wgsn.com>.