Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Thomas Mueller <th...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/07 14:44:20 UTC

Jackrabbit 1.4 test failure

Hi,

On of the tests fails when I build Jackrabbit 1.4 on my machine. I
have checked out the Jackrabbit 1.4 branch to a new directory, and
called:

mvn clean install

The error is:
Building Jackrabbit JCR to SPI
   task-segment: [clean, install]
---------------------------------
testRevertReorder(org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.ReorderReferenceableSNSTest)
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Reorder added a child node.
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.ReorderTest.testOrder(ReorderTest.java:90)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.ReorderTest.testRevertReorder(ReorderTest.java:122)

mvn -version gives me:
Maven version: 2.0.7
Java version: 1.4.2_13
OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86"

Is this expected? If yes then probably the test should be disabled in
the 1.4 branch? Is this related to
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1167?

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Jackrabbit 1.4 test failure

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
hi thomas

Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On of the tests fails when I build Jackrabbit 1.4 on my machine. I
> have checked out the Jackrabbit 1.4 branch to a new directory, and
> called:
>
> mvn clean install
>
> The error is:
> Building Jackrabbit JCR to SPI
>    task-segment: [clean, install]
> ---------------------------------
> testRevertReorder(org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.ReorderReferenceableSNSTest)
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Reorder added a child node.
> 	at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
> 	at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.ReorderTest.testOrder(ReorderTest.java:90)
> 	at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.ReorderTest.testRevertReorder(ReorderTest.java:122)
>
> mvn -version gives me:
> Maven version: 2.0.7
> Java version: 1.4.2_13
> OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86"
>
> Is this expected?

No. To my knowledge these tests passed when i built the
jackrabbit project before christmas...

> If yes then probably the test should be disabled in
> the 1.4 branch?

Rather not. I would prefer to find out, what makes them
failing now. Since i'm not yet though all my mail, i don't have
an overview over recent changes... Did anything change in
jcr2spi or in jackrabbit-core that could cause such problems?

angela

Re: Jackrabbit 1.4 test failure

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
hi,
i think this could be related to my fix of JCR-1197. when i revert
those changes all tests pass. i will look into it.

regards, toby

On 1/7/08, Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com> wrote:
> Thomas Mueller wrote:
>
> > Is this related to
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1167?
>
> probably not. the reorder-sns-test in jcr2spi were
> actually failing due to changes made to the caching-hierarchy-mgr
> in the core... but JCR-1167 fixed them again.
>
> so... rather some recent modifications....
> angela

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97

Re: Jackrabbit 1.4 test failure

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.