Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by b....@valbosoft.com on 2003/11/20 21:27:29 UTC

Portlet caching

Hello,

is there some documentation on portlet content caching? I don't even know
if that's what I need, the thing is that we notice that when we perform an
action on a portlet, all other portlets get refreshed, and asked for their
content. This means that if a portlet has reached a certain state, it has
to be able to reproduce that state constantly, even though no action is
performed on it.

As I understand, it would be desirable in many cases that all portlets but
the one that is undergoing some action aren't called again, but that the
portal just returns their last rendered content. Is that what caching does?
We've done some tests, but we can't seem to get it work that way.

Any aclarations are appreciated!

Cheers,

Bo van Weert

Re: Portlet caching

Posted by b....@valbosoft.com.
Hello,

thanks, that is the documentation I already found, but does it force the
portal engine to cache rendered output when you're not interacting with a
portlet? It seems the documentation you're refering to is more about
instance caching..

Bo

                    David Sean
                    Taylor               Para:   "Jetspeed Users List" <je...@jakarta.apache.org>
                    <david@bluesu        cc:
                    nrise.com>           Fax para:
                                         Asunto:      Re: Portlet caching
                    20/11/2003
                    22:32
                    Por favor,
                    responda a
                    "Jetspeed
                    Users List"

On Thursday, November 20, 2003, at 12:27  PM, b.v.weert@valbosoft.com
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there some documentation on portlet content caching? I don't even
> know

http://www.bluesunrise.com/jetspeed-docs/
JetspeedTutorial.htm#_Toc26987044

Re: Portlet caching