Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/18 23:26:42 UTC

Action Mapping's Input fail to load after validation failure

Hi I have a subapp with a form uses DynaValidatorForm.
When the validation fails, it supposed to load the "input"

Instead I received an error

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

 at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.present(RequestUtils.java:1106)   <----- the MessageResources is null here?

 at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ErrorsTag.doStartTag(ErrorsTag.java:208)

 at wipmodifier.query_1._jspService(query_1.java:229)

 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)

 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)

 at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:574)

 at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Handler.java:322)

Please help  Advice is greatly appreciated

-Dan

Re: Action Mapping's Input fail to load after validation failure

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@hotmail.com>.
I have a work around for this,

In my web.xml, I also add my properties file to the ActionServlet, then
every thing is fine

Why?   can some one elaborate on this?  Why do I need to add the resource
file to both of my Subapp struts config
and web.xml files?

ie

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>config/wipmodifier</param-name>
      <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config-wipmodifier.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>application</param-name>
        <param-value>officefree.wip.messages.properties</param-value>
     </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>