Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Edmund Y Dean <ed...@raytheon.com> on 2004/01/15 17:29:39 UTC

Question on Log4J Reliability

Greetings all,

I've been looking into possibly using Log4J for some
application/transactional logging uses (like access logs or user
auditing ,etc.)  However, I'm concerned about the statement in the FAQ
that it is not a "reliable" logging system.  What is the definition of a
"reliable" logging system?  Is Log4J recommended only for use for
development/debugging/system status type logging, or is it robust enough
for transactional logging?

If Log4J isnt really suited to the task, can anyone recommend something
that might be better?