Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Cliff Draper <Cl...@sun.com> on 2002/01/10 00:39:37 UTC

license question about org/apache/soap/encoding/soapenc/Base64.java

Hi,

All of the source files to Aache SOAP 2.2 have the normal Apache
source license at the top except for
org/apache/soap/encoding/soapenc/Base64.java which has an IBM license.
We're looking to redistribute the soap.jar and our lawyers most likely
won't let us redistribute it when it has source code with a license
that's not from Apache.

Is there a newer version of this file that has been relicensd?  If
not, can it be done?

thanks,
Cliff Draper    Sun Microsystems, Forte Tools    (510) 869-3462 or x73462
My opinions may or may not reflect those of my employer.
"There is one thing stronger than all the armies of the world, and that
 is an idea whose time has come."  -Victor Hugo