Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Lapo Luchini <la...@lapo.it> on 2023/01/16 13:38:00 UTC

Upgrading Cassandra 3.11.14 → 4.1

Hi all,
     is upgrading Cassandra 3.11.14 → 4.1 supported, or is it better to
follow the 3.11.14 → 4.0 → 4.1 path?

(I think it is okay as i found no record of deprecated old SSTable
formats, but I couldn't manage to find any official documentation
regarding upgrade paths… forgive me if it is around)

--
Lapo Luchini
lapo@lapo.it

Re: Upgrading Cassandra 3.11.14 → 4.1

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 16 Jan 2023 at 14:38, Lapo Luchini <la...@lapo.it> wrote:

>     is upgrading Cassandra 3.11.14 → 4.1 supported,

3.11.14 → 4.1 is supported.

It is recommended to go to the last patch version (i.e. 3.11.14) before the
major upgrade.
Make sure to ensure all sstables are upgraded to the current format before
performing the upgrade.