Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Andrzej Kaczmarek <an...@codecoup.pl> on 2018/08/22 14:12:17 UTC

[RFC] BSP rename for Nordic dev kit

Hi all,

Since nRF52840 DK is available for quite some time now, I was going to
rename "nrf52840pdk" to "nrf52840dk" so it matches current version.
However, it is a good moment to change naming scheme for all dev kits
from Nordic and use board name (e.g. PCA10056) instead of dev kit name
(e.g. nRF52840 DK). There are at least two good reasons for this:

1. avoid possible renames in future once new revision of dev kit is
launched (PDK -> DK) since this is the same board, just with a
different revision
2. make selection of proper BSP easier since each board has its name
clearly visible on a sticker (note that BSP description states both
names)

I created a PR which does such rename:
https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core/pull/1348

Thoughs? Are there any good reasons why we should not rename it?
(except for historical reasons :P)

Best,
Andrzej

Re: [RFC] BSP rename for Nordic dev kit

Posted by Jacob Rosenthal <ja...@gmail.com>.
I think that all sounds good, assuming the 'old' names use compat mcus and
the 'new' names use the new mcus

Posted by Andrzej Kaczmarek <an...@codecoup.pl>.
Hi Jacob,

Posted by Jacob Rosenthal <ja...@gmail.com>.