Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Shawn Du <sh...@neulion.com.cn> on 2016/10/28 01:14:20 UTC

答复: BinaryObject pros/cons

Hi,

In one of our project, we compact java objects which have lots of long zeros. It save disk greatly when serialization.

Thus slow Disk IO operations become fast CPU operations and performance is improved.

Data compact algorithm is inspired by this paper http://www.vldb.org/pvldb/vol8/p1816-teller.pdf.

Thanks

Shawn