Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> on 2016/08/11 16:22:34 UTC

RFI for Proton 0.14.0: PROTON-1279, PROTON-1280, PROTON-1281

I have three very small (almost trivial) changes that allow Proton to
build and successfully test on FreeBSD 10 with clang/clang++ (the
native compiler there)

1279 is suppressing an unreachable code warning for code where that is
deliberate (it's there in case someone changes the code carelessly)

1280 is a tiny (but admittedly arbitrary) tweak to a test to make it
work on FreeBSD

1281 is a small header inclusion bug that doesn't affect gcc/libstdc++
on Linux, but does affect clang/libc++ on FreeBSD (and probably any
compiler/system using libc++).

The code changes can be found attached to the bug entries.

Alan - I'd be grateful if you could have a quick look at these.

Andrew

[1]�https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1279
[2]�https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1280
[3]�https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1281

Re: RFI for Proton 0.14.0: PROTON-1279, PROTON-1280, PROTON-1281

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Andrew, Alan.  All approved.

It occurs to me that you may want to wait to merge until after these have
done a round in Windows CI.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, 2016-08-11 at 18:11 +0100, Alan Conway wrote:

> All good. For the switch unreachable code error:
>

> > [1]�https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1279
>
> You could avoid the compiler specific fix by converting to int:
>
> � � switch (int(t)) { ... default: return "unknown"; }
>
> but I'm ok with the pragma also.
> �

There are now enough of these "turn off some warning" preprocessor
sections that I think it'll be a good idea to make something�
prettier/easier for them.

- Now to remind myself how to use __Pragma (or whatever it's called)!

Andrew

Re: RFI for Proton 0.14.0: PROTON-1279, PROTON-1280, PROTON-1281

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.