Posted to users@maven.apache.org by dekely <de...@jacada.com> on 2009/03/15 13:39:05 UTC

Failed to execute mvn findbugs:check

Hi,

When I execute mvn findbugs:check I get the following error:
"Required goal not found: findbugs:check in
org.codehaus.mojo:findbugs-maven-plugin:1.2"

However, the command mvn findbugs:findbugs works as expected.

I need to fail the build on findbugs errors but findbugs:check does not
work.

my configuration:
<build>
 <pluginManagement>

<plugin>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  <artifactId>findbugs-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.2</version>
  <configuration>
  <xmlOutput>true</xmlOutput>
  <xmlOutputDirectory>I:\build</xmlOutputDirectory>
  <threshold>Low</threshold>
  <effort>Default</effort>
  <debug>false</debug>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

any idea?

thanks
Dekel

Re: Failed to execute mvn findbugs:check

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 8:36 AM, dekely <de...@jacada.com> wrote:

> Hi Wendy,
> Thank you for your reply, I didn't notice  :-D
> What is the date for 2.0 ?

The plugin lives at Codehaus, so you'd have to (search the archives
and then) ask on the mojo mailing list.

Actually according to this thread it looks like they're waiting for
the underlying Findbugs libraries to be uploaded:
http://markmail.org/thread/ra5ofee5ptdq7ktf

--
Wendy

Re: Failed to execute mvn findbugs:check

Posted by dekely <de...@jacada.com>.
Hi Wendy,
Thank you for your reply, I didn't notice  :-D
What is the date for 2.0 ?

thankd

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 5:39 AM, dekely <de...@jacada.com> wrote:

> When I execute mvn findbugs:check I get the following error:
> "Required goal not found: findbugs:check in
> org.codehaus.mojo:findbugs-maven-plugin:1.2"

The docs for the 'check' goal say "since 2.0", so it isn't available
in the version 1.2 that you're using.

http://mojo.codehaus.org/findbugs-maven-plugin/check-mojo.html

If you can't wait for a release, you can build the plugin from source
yourself and use the snapshot version.

--
Wendy