Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "CIOCCARELLI,DOMINIC (HP-Australia,ex2)" <do...@hp.com> on 2001/05/03 09:40:45 UTC

SOAP applet required

Hi all,

	I would like to use SOAP for dynamic communications between a web
page and a server side object. The goal is to enable me to update HTML form
components without having to refresh the entire page. My idea is to embed a
SOAP applet in the form which will communicate with the browser's DOM using
liveconnect. I know of an applet for XML-RPC which will do this, although
I'm looking for something that will support SOAP.

An additional requirement would be that the applet implements some sort of
"light weight" XML parser, so the client's browser doesn't have do download
a complete parser implementation.

Thanks in advance,
Dom.

Hewlett-Packard
Australia

RE: SOAP applet required

Posted by graham glass <gr...@mindspring.com>.
electric xml is a comprehensive java toolkit for
parsing and manipulating xml, and is just 40K.

download your free copy from
http://www.themindelectric.com

hope this helps,

cheers,