Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jens <sm...@dzbank.de> on 2016/04/05 09:10:22 UTC

XML Binding in CXF 3

Hi,

we're currently migrating from CXF 2 to CXF 3, and I've run into a problem
with the XML binding.

I have a standard service WSDL that specifies a SOAP binding. I would like
to use the XML binding, however. Previously, all I would do to switch from
SOAP to XML would be to set the BindingId
"http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat" on the server factory, and things
would work as expected (wsdlUrl is set on the factory, too).

With CXF 3 (3.0.4 currently) that doesn't seem to work anymore. The endpoint
is still expecting a SOAP envelope ("http://xxx/", the namespace on the
"doStuff" element, is not a valid SOAP version.). Is there something else I
need to do with the new version to make this work?

Thanks,
Jens

Re: XML Binding in CXF 3

Posted by Jens <sm...@dzbank.de>.
Jens wrote
> Hi,
>
> we're currently migrating from CXF 2 to CXF 3, and I've run into a problem
> with the XML binding.
>
> I have a standard service WSDL that specifies a SOAP binding. I would like
> to use the XML binding, however. Previously, all I would do to switch from
> SOAP to XML would be to set the BindingId
> "http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/xformat" on the server factory, and things
> would work as expected (wsdlUrl is set on the factory, too).
>
> With CXF 3 (3.0.4 currently) that doesn't seem to work anymore. The
> endpoint is still expecting a SOAP envelope ("http://xxx/", the namespace
> on the "doStuff" element, is not a valid SOAP version.). Is there
> something else I need to do with the new version to make this work?

So, after a bit of experimenting the problem seems to be that specifying the
binding via the factory no longer overrides the information given in the
WSDL. If I remove the WSDL URL from the configuration it seems to work as
expected. Since I remember some things not working if the WSDL is not given
that is a bit unfortunate. Is this a known issue or should I file a bug
about this?

Regards,
Jens