Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Georg A." <at...@eva.mpg.de> on 2003/05/14 16:01:35 UTC

zooming problem on pc

Hello,

I display a world map with several layers through batik
with a set of layers as default and others optional
If I zoom in on the mac everything is fine
if I zoom in on the pc(win2k) the optional layers, even if shown
disappear and just the default
layers of the map are displayed?
Any suggestions?

cheers

Georg

georg@apitz.de
www.ge-org.com

Unser Leben ist das, wozu es unser Denken macht.

Re: zooming problem on pc

Posted by "Georg A." <at...@eva.mpg.de>.
On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 17:42 Europe/Berlin, Thomas E Deweese
wrote:

>>> Not based on this.  How are the optional layers turned on/off?  How
>>> is zoom done?  Is this in Squiggle or some custom app built on the
>>> JSVGCanvas, or rasteriser?
>>>
> GA> custom app on JSVGCanvas the built in zoom (ctrl + left mouse
> GA> button)
>
>     Is it possible you are running out of memory?

no,  is used -Xmx128m and I noticed that it is sometimes working and
sometimes not, so I guess its a OS problem and depends on how many apps
are in use

cheers!

Georg

Re: zooming problem on pc

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

Re: zooming problem on pc

Posted by "G. Wade Johnson" <wa...@abbnm.com>.
Ah!

We are working on different problems. I need to change visibility on
some elements when the picture is zoomed.

One issue I keep hitting that may be related to your issue is to always
make sure that the page is finished rendering before doing the
"invokeLater". Otherwise, the UpdateManager may be null. This has caused
me no end of grief.

G. Wade

Re: zooming problem on pc

Posted by "Georg A." <at...@eva.mpg.de>.