Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Bautista <mi...@dept.fuller.edu> on 2005/04/21 02:02:07 UTC

localhost Context files and path = "/"

Hi all,

I've been trying to deploy Sakai 1.5 on my Tomcat 5.5.7. One of the
Contexts, sakai-dispatch, is supposed to replace the ROOT Context. My
CATALINA_HOME/conf/catalina/localhost/sakai-dispatch.xml file contains the
following code:

<Context path="/" docBase="f:/usr/local/sakai/sakai-dispatch"
crossContext="true">
	<Realm className="org.sakaiproject.dav.DavRealm" />
</Context>

When I move this code into my CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml file, Sakai
works. At first I thought sakai-dispatch.xml is not being read, so I added
some garbage to sakai-dispatch.xml, but upon running
CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.bat the output window gave me some error messages
based on the Digester.

My conclusion is this: sakai-dispatch.xml is working, but for some reason
it's not letting me set the path to "/".

Any ideas?

Joe Bautista
Fuller Seminary
Programmer/Analyst

RE: localhost Context files and path = "/"

Posted by Joe Bautista <mi...@dept.fuller.edu>.
Doug,

Finally, you have solved the problem that has vexed me for days. Thanks.

Joe

Posted by jesper <je...@altern.org>.
Torsdag den 21. april 2005 02:02 skrev Joe Bautista:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to deploy Sakai 1.5 on my Tomcat 5.5.7. One of the
> Contexts, sakai-dispatch, is supposed to replace the ROOT Context. My
> CATALINA_HOME/conf/catalina/localhost/sakai-dispatch.xml file contains the
> following code:
>
> <Context path="/" docBase="f:/usr/local/sakai/sakai-dispatch"
> crossContext="true">
> 	<Realm className="org.sakaiproject.dav.DavRealm" />
> </Context>
>
> When I move this code into my CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml file, Sakai
> works. At first I thought sakai-dispatch.xml is not being read, so I added
> some garbage to sakai-dispatch.xml, but upon running
> CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.bat the output window gave me some error messages
> based on the Digester.
>
> My conclusion is this: sakai-dispatch.xml is working, but for some reason
> it's not letting me set the path to "/".
>
> Any ideas?
try just to set path=""

RE: localhost Context files and path = "/"

Posted by Fritz Schneider <Fr...@Peacham.HomeIP.net>.
Joe,

Have you tried adding that context element to your host element in
server.xml? Also I think you need path="" in order to specify the root of
the server.

Fritz