Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sergio Rodriguez <sr...@teralco.com> on 2009/06/24 09:31:35 UTC

Re: how can I filter the resources of one of the dependencies before building an EAR?

Thanks for your answers. Is it possible to filter the contents of an EAR? I
thought you could only do that by previously unpacking the resources in a
tmp directory.

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Sergio Rodriguez <sr...@teralco.com>wrote:

> Thanks for your answers. Is it possible to filter the contents of an EAR? I
> thought you could only do that by previously unpacking the resources in a
> tmp directory.

Then you misunderstood my proposal. My proposal is to keep your ear project
like it is (no token filtering) and then reuse the EAR to do the filtering
according to your environment. You could do this through Maven or with a
simple ant script that you ship with your distribution.

What's missing is a plugin that performs the filtering on an existing file
(no copy just overwrite) and that takes arbitrary resource set. I have
actually implemented a custom plugin that does that but maybe it exists
somewhere now.

S.