Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Rodney Schneider <rl...@arcalink.com> on 2002/03/21 00:58:32 UTC

Re: External servlet call into Turbine with SessionID to check for validity?

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:48, you wrote:

> So I went back to your mail.  I looked at what else was stored in the
> session with session.getAttributeNames() and it showed turbine.User
> and turbine.AccessControlList -- and only those.  Fortunately, they're
> enough for my needs right now: User and AccessContolList.
>
> But I was wondering how I would have known that those useful entities
> would be put there by Turbine, and why other useful objects are not put
> there.  I'm trying to understand why Turbine does what it does.

Hi Chris!

Currently, the only objects that are placed into the session by Turbine are
the User (with the key "turbine.user") and the access control list, with the
key ("turbine.AccessControlList").

I think most people tend to use user.setTemp() and user.getTemp() instead of
storing anything else in the session.

Regards,

-- Rodney