Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by chaymaa lyoubiidrissi <ch...@cashplus.ma> on 2020/11/04 15:43:33 UTC

Data refresh

Hi,
My name is Lyoubi Idrissi Chaymaa, i want to thank you first for this opportunity.
I am using Apache Kylin 3.1.0 to generate my first OLAP Cube (Map reduce engine), it tooks me about 25 minutes to build the cube with only 1M rows of data, i tried to rebuild it in specific intervals using crontab and it tooks almost the same time. is this due to my machine performance or the lack of nodes, can you please help me understand this issue ?

I am using Hadoop on a single node with 8 GB of RAM, and Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU D-1541 @ 2.10GHz as processor

Thanks in advance.

Re: Data refresh

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
When you trigger a refresh or build, there will be a new job in the
"monitor" page, you can watch it till finish, then the data will get
updated.

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Email: shaofengshi@apache.org

Apache Kylin FAQ: https://kylin.apache.org/docs/gettingstarted/faq.html
Join Kylin user mail group: user-subscribe@kylin.apache.org
Join Kylin dev mail group: dev-subscribe@kylin.apache.org

chaymaa.lyo <ch...@gmail.com> 于2020年11月18日周三 上午9:24写道:

Re: Data refresh

Re: Data refresh

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Chaymaa, you're correct, I think the resource is limited, you need to
add more resources to improve the build performance.

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Email: shaofengshi@apache.org