Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bo Gao <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/07 10:40:21 UTC

Why Environmental Objects is only available during rendering, not during action requests.

I saw a line in tapestry documents (http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapestry5/guide/ajax.html)

Inside a component, you should use Environmental, to highlight the fact that RenderSupport (like most environmental objects) is only available during rendering, not during action requests.

In fact, I just want to use Environmental Service during a action requests. (i.e. a zone update)

Why this is not allowed, What other methods I can do the same thing?

Thanks

--
Elivoa