Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Andrew Grande <ap...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/19 22:38:58 UTC

UI: feedback on the processor 'color' in NiFi 1.0

Hi All,

Rolling with UI feedback threads. This time I'd like to discuss how NiFi
'lost' its ability to change processor boxes color. I.e. as you can see
from a screenshot attached, it does change color for the processor in the
flow overview panel, but the processor itself only changes the icon in the
top-left of the box. I came across a few users who definitely miss the old
way. I personally think changing the icon color for the processor doesn't
go far enough, especially when one is dealing with a flow of several dozen
processors, zooms in and out often. The overview helps, but it's not the
same.

Proposal - can we restore how color selection for the processor changed the
actual background of the processor box on the canvas? Let the user go wild
with colors and deal with readability, but at least it's easy to spot
'important' things this way. And with multi-tenant authorization it becomes
a poor-man's doc between teams, to an extent.

Thanks for any feedback,
Andrew

Re: UI: feedback on the processor 'color' in NiFi 1.0

Posted by Scott Aslan <sc...@gmail.com>.
Does the Birdseye view as a layer not solve most of the 'simple
functionality' being requested by users?

--
"(321)-591-0870",        "email": "scottyaslan@gmail.com

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Grande <ap...@gmail.com>.