Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com> on 2012/05/27 02:20:34 UTC

[RESULTS] [VOTE] Accept Crunch into the Apache Incubator

The vote passes with twelve +1s from Incubator PMC members:

Arun Murthy
Alan Cabrera
Benson Margulies
Bertrand Delacretaz
Doug Cutting
Luciano Resende
Jukka Zitting
Matthew Franklin
Niall Pemberton
Patrick Hunt
Tom White
Tommaso Teofili

seven non-binding +1s, and one 0- from Incubator PMC member Steve
Loughran. Thank you everyone for voicing both your support and your
concerns. The discussion around the proposal was enlightening and
useful, and will hopefully benefit other projects that are considering
the Apache incubator.

Josh

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1.
>
> Josh and his cohorts have gotten a quick, unexpected introduction to
> the value of building a diverse community.  But the code's solid and
> the lessons learned.  Looking forward to this one.
>
> On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 7:16 AM, Steve Loughran
> <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 23 May 2012 19:45, Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to call a vote for accepting "Apache Crunch" for
>>> incubation in the Apache Incubator. The full proposal is available
>>> below.  We ask the Incubator PMC to sponsor it, with phunt as
>>> Champion, and phunt, tomwhite, and acmurthy volunteering to be
>>> Mentors.
>>>
>>> Please cast your vote:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1, bring Crunch into Incubator
>>> [ ] +0, I don't care either way,
>>> [ ] -1, do not bring Crunch into Incubator, because...
>>>

>> -0, binding.
>>
>> I think it's good to broaden the Hadoop stack beyond Java, which is what
>> Crunch proposes. I know it has a limited organisational breadth -but that
>> is one thing incubation is designed to address. I just fear that the
>> exclusion of Jakob putting things off to a bad start.

Director of Data Science
Cloudera
Twitter: @josh_wills