Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Royal <pr...@managingpartners.com> on 2001/06/25 20:42:01 UTC

request: make XSP pages Initializable

I'd like to propose making the XSPGenerator class implement the avalon
Initializable lifestyle interface. Since XSPGenerator has no specific use
for this interface, it would just have an empty method.

It would be useful for pre computing and caching information that is static
for a given XSP page.

And to throw in my two cents regarding XSP's and the separation of
concerns, I'm finding XSP's to be a joy to work with. I'm following the
recommended design of keeping all the java code in the logicsheet and it is
working out very well. I have not found debugging to be difficult at all,
of course I'm sure that is proportional to the complexity of one's logicsheets.

For my problem domain, application form design, I find XSP to be the
perfect solution. Kudos.
-pete

managing partners, inc. -> http://www.managingpartners.com