Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dennis Ho <dh...@paymentone.com> on 2005/11/22 03:18:14 UTC

[M2]How to use filtering with build profiles?

Hi,

	I am trying to use filtering to filter different properties file
based on whether the profile is for myself, or dev, per say.   An
abstract of my pom looks like the following:

<project>
:
:
<build>
		<resources>
			<resource>

				<filtering>true</filtering>
			</resource>
		</resources>
		<filters>
			<filter>${my.filter.value}</filter>
		</filters>
	</build>
<profiles>
		<profile>
			<id>env-dho</id>
			<activation>
				<property>
					<name>env</name>
					<value>dho</value>
				</property>
			</activation>

			<properties>

<my.filter.value>src/main/filters/env-dho/filter.properties</my.filter.v
alue>
				<db.username>test</db.username>
			</properties>
		</profile>
		<profile>
			<id>env-dev</id>
			<activation>
				<activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
			</activation>
			<properties>

<my.filter.value>src/main/filters/env-dev/filter.properties</my.filter.v
alue>
			</properties>
		</profile>
	</profiles>
</project>

	But after running mvn -Denv=dho process-resources, the file's
properties didn't get filtered.  The file just got copied over.  What
have I done wrong?

The file in the resources directory looks like, which after running
process-resources remains unchanged:

db.drivername=${db.drivername}
db.urlscheme=${db.urlscheme}
db.hostname=${db.hostname}
db.name=${db.name}
db.username=${db.username}
db.password=${db.password}
db.port=${db.port}

And my filter.properties looks like:
db.drivername=com.inet.tds.TdsDriver
db.urlscheme=jdbc:inetdae7:
db.hostname=host
db.name=dbname
db.username=user
db.password=password
db.port=1433

Thanks,

Dennis Ho
Senior Java Developer
PaymentOne
. : Office - 408.362.4237
. : www.paymentone.com     . : dho@paymentone.com
. : Connecting Digital Merchants and Network Operators
. : Named One of Forbes "Top Ten to Watch in 2005"