Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Basmajian, Raffi" <rb...@ofiglobal.com> on 2015/11/05 16:53:47 UTC

Force slave mode for testing

Is it possible to force a broker to start as a slave, for testing?

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. OppenheimerFunds may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or disclose the content of all email communications.

RE: Force slave mode for testing

Posted by "Basmajian, Raffi" <rb...@ofiglobal.com>.
Hi Tim,

It's not that easy; starting another broker on a local machine causes ports conflicts, and I'm using AMQ, not ActiveMQ, dealing with a ton of config files tracking down all the ports, it's a pain.

This would be a great feature to have for integration testing.

Can't you just start another broker first so the other broker becomes the master?

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.