Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by 向志强 <li...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/24 08:41:50 UTC

[Discussion] Support Date/Time format for Timestamp columns to be defined at column level

Hi, all

In recent days, I am trying to handle issues CARBONDATA-37. We are trying
to support that Date format can be set at column level.

There is a doubt that we should feedback the the same format for Date
column or feedback a uniform format. Absolutely.

For example.

we create a table and define two cols which data type is Date. But the Date
format is different.

col1(Date)       col2(Date)
2016-09-24     2016-09-25 00:00:00

when querying, for two formats below, which should be returned?

 col1(Date)       col2(Date)
2016-09-24     2016-09-25 00:00:00

or

 col1(Date)                         col2(Date)
2016-09-24 00:00:00     2016-09-25 00:00:00

if we set YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS as default format.

Best wishes!

RE: [Discussion] Support Date/Time format for Timestamp columns to be defined at column level

Posted by Jihong Ma <Ji...@huawei.com>.
I agree we should allow specifying timestamp format at column level, and respect that at data loading as well as query time. Is there technical reason which prevent us from doing that? Otherwise, respecting the specification should be the way to go.

col1(Date)       col2(Date)
> > 2016-09-24     2016-09-25 00:00:00

Regards.

Jihong

Posted by Venkata Gollamudi <g....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aniket Adnaik <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 single date/time format.
Regards,
Aniket

Posted by Kumar Vishal <ku...@gmail.com>.
+1 I agree vimals opinion

Posted by 杰 <25...@qq.com>.
+1 agree to vimal's opinion

if user want other formatted, he can use function to convert.

Regards
Bill

--
View this message in context: http://apache-carbondata-mailing-list-archive.1130556.n5.nabble.com/Discussion-Support-Date-Time-format-for-Timestamp-columns-to-be-defined-at-column-level-tp1422p1560.html
Sent from the Apache CarbonData Mailing List archive mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: [Discussion] Support Date/Time format for Timestamp columns to be defined at column level

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [Discussion] Support Date/Time format for Timestamp columns to be defined at column level

Posted by Vimal Das Kammath <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by 向志强 <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,all