Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Drouin <al...@orckestra.com> on 2016/07/26 18:56:22 UTC

How to know if a core was reloaded without errors

Hi,

I am using the Collection API to reload a core and I was wondering if there is a way to know if the core was reloaded without errors.

For my testing, I added a known error (an invalid field in a request handler) in my configuration and I use the url "solr/admin/collections?action=RELOAD&name=MyCollection&wt=json" to reload the collection.

This url returns the following JSON: {"responseHeader":{"status":0,"QTime":128},"success":{"localhost:8443_solr":{"responseHeader":{"status":0,"QTime":92}}}}. And according to the documentation "status=0" means there was no errors with the request.  However if I look at the logs in Solr UI I can see the error I created (org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field XYZ).

I have the following questions:

1) Is it possible to know if the reload of a core was completed without errors?
2) Does Solr have an API to download the logs?  If #1 is not possible I could hack something if I have access to Solr's logs using an API.

I am using Solr 6.0.1 with ZooKeeper.

Thanks,
Alexandre Drouin