Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by Let's Encrypt Expiry Bot <ex...@letsencrypt.org> on 2019/04/02 22:22:54 UTC

Let's Encrypt certificate expiration notice for domain "ruleqa.spamassassin.org"

Hello,

Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 19 days (on 22 Apr 19 22:20 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate before then, or visitors to your website will encounter errors.

We recommend renewing certificates automatically when they have a third of their
total lifetime left. For Let's Encrypt's current 90-day certificates, that means
renewing 30 days before expiration. See
https://letsencrypt.org/docs/integration-guide/ for details.

ruleqa.spamassassin.org

For any questions or support, please visit https://community.letsencrypt.org/. Unfortunately, we can't provide support by email.

You may need to update your client to the latest version in case it is still using the deprecated TLS-SNI-01 validation method. https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/february-13-2019-end-of-life-for-all-tls-sni-01-validation-support/74209

Step-by-step instructions for updating Certbot are here: https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/how-to-stop-using-tls-sni-01-with-certbot/83210

Regards,
The Let's Encrypt Team

Re: Let's Encrypt certificate expiration notice for domain "ruleqa.spamassassin.org"

Posted by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>.
On 4/3/19 11:00 AM, Bill Cole wrote:
> On 3 Apr 2019, at 10:17, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>
>> You should automate the renew to a cronjob. Not too hard.
>
> LE renewal with certbot was automated with a systemd timer some time ago.
>
> The actual cause of this notice appears to be that there used to be an
> independent certificate for ruleqa.spamassassin.org, whereas now there
> is a wildcard certificate ( Subject=spamassassin.org with
> *.spamassassin.org as a Subject Alternative Name.)
>
> The renewal notices are generated by letsencrypt.org unilaterally and
> there's no way for them to notice when a cert is no longer being used
> and therefore does not need to be renewed, so this notice is about a
> non-problem.
>

>> br. jarif
>>
>>> Kevin A. McGrail <km...@apache.org> kirjoitti 3.4.2019 kello 2.00:
>>>
>>> I moderated this through.
>>> --
>>> Kevin A. McGrail
>>> Member, Apache Software Foundation
>>> Chair Emeritus Apache SpamAssassin Project
>>> https://www.linkedin.com/in/kmcgrail - 703.798.0171

Bill is correct.  Switched from a specific ruleqa.spamassassin.org to
*.spamassassin.org on sa-vm1.apache.org so we just need to let the
ruleqa.spamassassin.org go and ignore this notification for now.

The renewal for *.spamassassin.org using certbot is automated and cron'd
so future notifications should be taken seriously.  I have monitoring
setup at ena.com (my day job) to monitor sa-vm1 and the active LE cert
expiration at https://ruleqa.spamassassin.org.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Let's Encrypt certificate expiration notice for domain "ruleqa.spamassassin.org"

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.

--
Bill Cole

Re: Let's Encrypt certificate expiration notice for domain "ruleqa.spamassassin.org"

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
I moderated this through.