Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tal Cohen <tc...@sitespect.com> on 2006/08/23 15:57:26 UTC

[users@httpd] A question about website authorization

Hi,

I am new to this group, so please be kind :-)

I have a small family website, running Apache 2.0 on RHE8, that I password
protected with “AuthType Basic” at /.

How can I now open /pub to public access?

Thanks,

Tal

RE: [users@httpd] A question about website authorization

Posted by Tal Cohen <tc...@sitespect.com>.
Thanks Joshua, that did the trick!

Regards,

Tal Cohen
tel 617/859-1900 ext. 705
fax 617/848-5837

Please note that the information contained in this message may be privileged
and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication in error, please notify us by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer.

> I am new to this group, so please be kind J
>
> I have a small family website, running Apache 2.0 on RHE8, that I password
> protected with "AuthType Basic" at /.
>
> How can I now open /pub to public access?

<Directory /path/to/pub>
Satisfy any
Allow from all
</Directory>

Be aware that this will also turn off any host-based access restrictions.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] A question about website authorization

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.