Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/26 18:56:20 UTC

MicroProfile examples on 7.1.x

Hi

Just a quick note to let you know that I have backported the working
microprofile examples to the 7.1.x branch. This includes config and fault
tolerance. Stuff that specifically doesn't work are the healthcheck,
metrics, and JWT examples.

Hope that's useful. If you run into issues, please shout!

Jon

Re: MicroProfile examples on 7.1.x

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
> On Jun 26, 2019, at 11:56 AM, Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Just a quick note to let you know that I have backported the working
> microprofile examples to the 7.1.x branch. This includes config and fault
> tolerance. Stuff that specifically doesn't work are the healthcheck,
> metrics, and JWT examples.
>
> Hope that's useful. If you run into issues, please shout!

Thank you for taking the initiative to backport MP examples!

I did attempt to backport the MicroProfile JWT 1.1 support from TomEE 8 to 7.1 just before you announced intentions to cut 7.x releases.

I got most the way there and then realized that it would also require a BVal 2.x upgrade due to my fancy JWT validation feature so I stopped.  After that would have been a JWT TCK update as well.

It is still possible to do, but will require a slightly bigger effort.

If someone really really wants it, speak up.

-David