Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sara motahari <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2010/12/11 02:31:08 UTC

Viewing query debug explanation with dismax and multicore

Hi All,

I am trying to debug my queries and see how scoring is done. I have 6 cores and
send the quesy to 6 shards and it's dismax handler (with search on various
fields with different boostings). I enable debug, and view source but I'm unable
to see the explanations. I'm returning ID and score as the "fl" field. Am I
supposed to retun something else to be able to see the explanation? or is it
because it's multi-core?

R: limit the search results to one category

Posted by Andrea Gazzarini <an...@atcult.it>.
Did you try with filterquery?

Andrea Gazzarini

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.

-Hoss

Re: limit the search results to one category

Posted by sara motahari <sa...@yahoo.com>.
I guess so. I didn't know I could use it with dismax I'll try. thanks Ahmet.

________________________________
> I am using a dismax request handler with vrious fieds that
> it searches, but I
> also want to enable the users to select a category from a
> drop-down list
> and only get the results that belong to that category. It
> seems I can't use a
> nested query with dismax as the first one and standard as
> the nested one? Is
> there another way to do this?

Filter Queries? fq=category:foo

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CommonQueryParameters#fq

Re: limit the search results to one category

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Viewing query debug explanation with dismax and multicore

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I am trying to debug my queries and see how scoring is done. I have 6 cores and
: send the quesy to 6 shards and it's dismax handler (with search on various
: fields with different boostings). I enable debug, and view source but I'm unable
: to see the explanations. I'm returning ID and score as the "fl" field. Am I

you'll need to provide us with more details -- what does your query URL
look like? what does your request handler config look like? what does the
response look like? (does it even have a debug section)

FWIW: doing a distributed query across the "example" setup from the 3x
branch and the trunk i was able to see score explanations.

: supposed to retun something else to be able to see the explanation? or is it
: because it's multi-core?

FYI: a terminology clarification: "Multi-core" is a term used to describe
a single solr instance running multiple SolrCores (ie: using solr.xml) ...
using the shards param is a refered to as "distributed search" ... they
are orthoginal concepts.  you can do a distributed search across
several solr instances that are not using multi-core, or you can
query a core in a multi-core instance, or you can do a
distributed search of several cores, some or all of which may be
running as part or multi-core solr instances.

-Hoss