Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Omri Cohen <Om...@outlook.com> on 2019/08/17 13:28:59 UTC

Mob reference tags go missing

Hello,

We recently encountered a problem in our production hbase cluster.
We have a cluster with a high mob percentage ( > 50% of objects are MOB, the threshold is the default 102400 bytes). The cluster has been active for about a year. Recently, our clients started to receive the mob reference instead of the mob data when trying to access certain rows (in most tables about 10% of the rows are bad, in one table it is about 50% of rows).

When we investigated the HFiles, we saw that the "bad" cells are missing two tags that exist in the "good" rows, it looks something like that:

Re: Mob reference tags go missing

Posted by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com>.
Also the hfile version setting and hbase version on your masters, presuming
you are using the mob compaction chore in the master.

Posted by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com>.