Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2004/01/27 17:33:08 UTC

Re: First impressions from a newbie

newlenyauser@trapo.it wrote:

> The work is great!

thanks :) glad to hear success stories.

> The idea of using Cocoon is a big one. All seems clear and well designed and it
> easy to use. I'm testing Lenya to see if it can support the management of a
> site that my "firm" assigned to me. Some thing I'd like to view in future
> releases (i didn't find them in the documentation i red till now):
> 	A forum support

maybe you'd like to put your design thoughts into the wiki?

> 	A "Publish all function" in the case that editor/reviewer coincide, or in the
> case there's only one user

this functionality is currently being developed for the university of
zurich and will be merged in a couple weeks, maybe for lenya 1.2.x

> I suggest to keep up to date the lenya main site: many people in my lab ignored
> lenya as open source cms since the work seems to be stucked at release 1.0 (may
> 03!). What a pity!

ouch. thanks for the hint, this is indeed a good point. lets say one big
reason is that the current publishing process for apache sites is
completely broken and does not invite regular updates. stefano and his
doco project will be a big help.

> If lenya meets my requirement (and probably will be so) i will work with it
> about 4 months..so i hope that i can contribuite to the community (a lenya
> mirror? writing docs for newbie? forum implementation?).

can we choose? :) docs would be a godsend.

best,

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss