Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com> on 2002/09/19 11:23:09 UTC

Tomcat's automatic reload of classes and Cocoon

It works fine if I compile my classes with JBuilder and Tomcat running, but
it says "Cocoon was not initialized" if I build my webapp with JBuilder and
Tomcat running : i.e : JBuilder copies all the jars to WEB-INF/lib again,
instead of only the classes to WEB-INF/classes.
So Tomcat messes up with so many changed jars to reload at once and has
problems with their order.

Tomcat 4.0.4 with reloadable="true" for my webapp.
Cocoon 2.1 from several days ago CVS.
JBuilder 6 Enterprise.
JDK 1.3.1.
Win NT4.

Just my 2 cents, someone may forward to Tomcat users mailing-list...

Babs

Re: Tomcat's automatic reload of classes and Cocoon

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Barbara Post wrote:

>It works fine if I compile my classes with JBuilder and Tomcat running, but
>it says "Cocoon was not initialized" if I build my webapp with JBuilder and
>Tomcat running : i.e : JBuilder copies all the jars to WEB-INF/lib again,
>instead of only the classes to WEB-INF/classes.
>So Tomcat messes up with so many changed jars to reload at once and has
>problems with their order.

<shameless plug> So don't use JBuilder! Use IDEA. :) </shameless plug>

Configure project output to WEB-INF/classes, and compile only modified
classes in there.

<another plug>
With Resin, you don't have to even (re)compile: have .java and .class in
WEB-INF/classes, and once you modify .java, Resin recompiles it and
reloads app.
</another plug>

Vadim