Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Юрий <ju...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/04 09:06:05 UTC

Re: proposed design for thin client SQL management and monitoring (view running queries and kill it)

Hey Igniters!

I continue working on IEP-29
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-29%3A+SQL+management+and+monitoring>
in
part related to expose view with currently running queries.

I checked how we track running queries right now and see that it's
complicated and spread by few classes  process and we don't track all
running queries. Also there are internal queries which tracked within users
queries and can't be distinguished of user queries , e.g. map queries for
map-reduce queries or DML operation which required first step as select to
modify data.

My proposal is extract logic for working with running queries information
to separate class, like RunningQueryManager. The class will track running
queries and will be single point to retrieve information about running
queries. Currently to keep information about running queries uses
GridRunningQueryInfo class. As of now it can't provide useful information
to distinguish internal queries and users query, so the class need to
extend to keep information about type of query and id of initial user query
for internal query to be able identify it.

New RunningQueryManager should be used for all place where currently we
have tracking of running queries and added for all places which not covered
yet, it's mostly DDL and DML operations.

After implement the proposed change we can simple expose SQL view for all
running queries on a local node.
Collecting information from all node in a cluster currently out of scope
the change and will be described for discussing later.

Is there any objections for described proposal?

--
Живи с улыбкой! :D

Re: proposed design for thin client SQL management and monitoring (view running queries and kill it)

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Sounds good to me.