Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by John Ky <ha...@syd.speednet.com.au> on 2000/10/28 22:39:35 UTC

User Data Objects

Hi:

Over two months ago, I started the discussion on User Data
which described what I believed to be a cleaner approach
to extensibility.

I have since implemented into my copy of Xerces-C what
I outlined then.

After having used those extensions to build an adhoc Xerces-C
XPCOM wrapper for Mozilla, I decided to revise and
fully document the idea.  The extension mechanism is known
as "User Data Objects" and has been designed to be
a cleaner and more Object-Oriented approach than the
original proposal.

I have not as yet re-implemented this extension mechanism
into Xerces-C and I may not if I find there is no need for it.

I have attached the documentation as HTML and CSS
files to this email.

Regardless of whether this new proposal makes it into
the standard Xerces-C, I would welcome comments
on its design, use and implementation.

Thankyou

-John