Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by mayo <am...@connextions.com> on 2008/09/22 23:20:41 UTC

dev advice - yahoo order import service

I'm somewhat new to OfBiz, but have read the wiki, forums, and tutorials for
over a month, and have created some simple modifications to my own version.
I am looking to create a service that will import Yahoo orders (XML text as
a parameter) as OFBiz orders.

I have a plan of attack, using OFBiz 4.0's javolution sax reader to parse
the XML and cutting the needed parts from the order entry process to create
the orders.  I know it is suggested to reuse code, but would the existing
order entry process and servlets be unsuitable for a SOAP service import
implementation? Would it be quicker development to omit OFBiz security in a
my custom order process or to make a dummy user with sufficient permissions
and use the existing order entry process?

I would greatly appreciate any advice on the best approach or any comments
anyone would has.  I searched the forums and mailing lists but could not
find any Yahoo order import being attempted before.

BTW, I must use the OFBiz 4.0 release.

Re: dev advice - yahoo order import service

Posted by mayo <am...@connextions.com>.
In conclusion, I was not able use BJ's solution because it involved spending
money, but I did take his advice about ebay.

To develop my solution I used code from the EntitySaxReader.java as a
template to parse Yahoo order XML. Then I used the ImportOrdersFromEbay.java
code as a template to create the order.

Thanks for the help.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by mayo <am...@connextions.com>.