Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy C <je...@cowgar.com> on 2001/04/22 00:18:12 UTC

AutoRefreshing of apps

Greetings!

I have installed the Turbine Development Kit, which of course includes
Catalina for it's web/servlet server. Under the <TDKROOT>/conf/server.xml
file I have added:

<Context path="" docBase="knopro4" reloadable="true"/>

which I was hoping would cause my java .class files to re-load as I updated
them with no code, however it does not. I have to shut the server down,
then start the server. Then, my new .class files are read.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Jeremy - jeremy@cowgar.com

Re: AutoRefreshing of apps

Posted by Jeremy C <je...@cowgar.com>.
I have downloaded the latest build (Milestone) which was Tomcat-dev-4.0-b3
... installed it, issued the startup command, viewed the HelloWorld Servlet
Example, changed the source to read "<h1>Hello, Jeremy!</h1>", recompile
... and it still said Hello, World!

I restart the server, then view the servlet, and it now says Hello, Jeremy!

Can anyone help me out? This makes development a long process :( Oh, I
tried that both on Linux and Windows.), I also tried (was using Jdk
1.3.0_02, and I just downloaded Jdk 1.2.2 from Sun, and it did not work
either.)

Thanks,

Jeremy - jeremy@cowgar.com