Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Philip Feldman <pf...@proteus-technologies.com> on 2006/04/18 23:09:37 UTC

GVTTreeBuilder security exception?

Hi All,

I'm attempting to convert a working dynamic SVG app into an applet. It
runs in Eclipse with Restricted class acces, but when I try to run it in
IE and Firefox, it gets partially through the initialization and throws
the following exception:

(java.lang.RuntimePermission modifyThreadGroup)
	at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
	<snip>
	at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.GVTTreeBuilder.run(Unknown Source)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Phil Feldman

Re: GVTTreeBuilder security exception?

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Phil,

"Philip Feldman" <pf...@proteus-technologies.com> wrote on 04/18/2006
05:09:37 PM:

> I'm attempting to convert a working dynamic SVG app into an applet. It
> runs in Eclipse with Restricted class acces, but when I try to run it in
> IE and Firefox, it gets partially through the initialization and throws
> the following exception:

   The snipped bit's might be useful, since I can't really tell what
is causing the problem.  AFAIK people have successfully run Batik in
an Applet context...